29 April 2012

vintage tea dress







Excuse my terrible make-up and annoyingly stray strand of hair... But I brought this dress last Sunday at Nottingham Vintage Fair and have since been itching to share it with the  world! Unfortunately, the weather has not been the kindest recently, so I haven't had the chance to wear it (it's way too precious to wear out in the rain!) yet... So I'll just show you this beauty here!
Recently, I have become completely engrossed in the 50s/60s style, so it only seemed right to save all of my allowance (yep, I still get it... I don't think my dad wants to let go of the fact that I'm his baby!) to go on a spending spree at the vintage fair. Typically, I spotted this dress as soon as I walked in and fell in love with it. I was faced with the dilemma of whether or not to buy it now and spend all of my money, or just have a walk round in case I saw something else I liked more. But I just couldn't wait. I hated thinking that somebody else would fall in love with it, too, so I just had to grab it as quickly as I could! I am so glad I did so!
I've got my stepdad's mum and dad's fortieth wedding anniversary party slowly heading towards me, so I thought that this would be the perfect chance to wear it. I found a lovely pair of white peep toe slip-ons from Primark (£6 - bargain!) which match with this extremely well, and I just can't wait to finally wear it!

"Each night I ask the stars up above; why must I be a teenager in love?" ~ Marty Wilde

2 comments:

  1. stunning! and great pics :)

    Lol thanks and im sure you look good in different lipstick shades.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress! I found a similar vintage dress as well. I found it in my mom's closet. She bought it at Saks in New York in the late '80s or early '90s.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!